Elden Ring GHR Step By Step Instructions

There’s been some complaints lately about the GHR not working with Elden Ring on PC. I just tested it and everything seems ok, so I’m writing up instructions here on getting the setup working.

This method requires playing Elden Ring with a gamepad with rumble capabilities. Also, anticheat will have to be turned off, which also turns off online play.

1. Install Elden Ring
    a. To get this working, you will need to run Elden Ring without EAC. This means either running the EldenRing.exe executable in the installation directory, or if using a launcher like Steam, follow these instructions:
    b. Go to the Steam library location where you installed Elden Ring.
    c. Go to steamapps > ELDEN RING > game.
    d. Rename start_protected_game.exe to something else. (I added “_original” to the end of the file name.)
    e. Make a copy of elden_ring.exe.
    f. Rename this newly made copy to start_protected_game.exe. It should end up looking something like this:

g. Don’t start the game yet, we’ll be doing that after we bring everything else up later in these instructions

2. Install Intiface Central

3. Install Intiface Game Haptics Router (GHR)

4. Start Intiface Central, hit the Start Server button (the play button).
    a. [Optional] After this, you can also go to the devices tab and scan for devices, to make sure your devices are connected and working before hooking up everything else.

5. Start the GHR. It should come up and connect to Intiface Central. If it doesn’t connect automatically, hit the Connect button.

6. Once your devices are listed in the GHR, select the checkbox next to them.

7. Start Elden Ring

8. Alt-tab out of Elden Ring to the GHR. Go to the Processes tab and hit Refresh List. You should see the executable from step 1 in the list (either eldenring.exe or start_protected_game.exe. Select the process in the list and hit Attach To Process.

9. Alt-tab back to Elden Ring. At this point, any rumble sent to the gamepad should also be sent to the toy.